In this podcast, Gareth collaborates with Chris Kitchener, a veteran of the software development world, they explore ideas and concepts around teams and teamwork, leaders and leadership, and all things in between. It’s a discussion between a former military commander and a business manager, comparing and contrasting their experiences as they attempt to work out what makes teams, leaders, and businesses tick.
Episode 11 – Perspectives on Leadership from a bomb disposal expert with Lt Col Joe Brown – Battling with Business
Gareth interviews Lt Col Joe Brown, a Royal Logistic Corps Ammunition Technical Officer trained in the disposal of bombs and IEDs. During their discussion, they compare different styles of small-team leadership, how you build capability for the future without undermining the present, and the role of honesty in leading teams.
- Episode 11 – Perspectives on Leadership from a bomb disposal expert with Lt Col Joe Brown
- Episode 10 – The Agile Methodology, what is it and how does it work?
- Bonus Episode – 4 TBD Conference speech Lessons in survival
- Episode 9 – What can we learn from running around in the woods?
- Episode 8 – Adaptive Teams and Pirates
Follow the Battling with Business Podcast
Get new episodes delivered directly to your inbox.